Mass Intention Guidelines
The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful and wonderful part of our Catholic tradition.
At Sacred Heart Parish, there are many requests for scheduling Mass intentions. As a way to allow as many parishioners and friends as possible to schedule Masses, the following guidelines are in place to help accomplish this goal.
1. We will accept no more than 5 (five) intentions per household and no more than 2 (two) Sunday intentions per registered household. If you request more than 5 (five) intentions, the additional intentions will be send out to be fulfilled.
2. Requests will be honored in the order received at the Parish Office.
3. A $10 stipend, as determined by Diocesan policy, is to accompany each Mass request.
4. Only one Mass request per priest may be scheduled per day.
5. Mass requests will be granted as close to the requested date and time as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the next closest date and time will be scheduled. We will do the best we can to keep the intentions close to the date requested. There may be a reason that requires us to cancel a Mass already scheduled. If that is necessary we will contact you and try to find another date.
7. Lengthy intentions cannot be published in the Bulletin and will be edited for the sake of brevity. Since the purpose of publishing the intention in the Bulletin is to notify the family and friends of the intentions, we suggest the omission of middle initials, titles, etc. Please indicate if the person for whom the Mass is requested is living or deceased.
8. Canon Law does not permit us to keep Mass intentions beyond those that we are able to schedule in a year’s time. Some intentions may have to be sent to the Diocesan Mission Office for distribution to other priests who will be able to celebrate these Masses within the year.